Spring is right around the corner, and it’s nice to change things up around the house. Why not start with the bathroom? In this post I share how to do a Bathroom Makeover in 5 Easy Steps.
1. Get Organized! To start your Bathroom Makeover, throw out any old bathroom items that you are hanging onto but no longer use. Do you have a empty bottle with just a drop of shampoo left? Throw it in the trash! Clear up the space on your bathroom counter as well and put items away in the medicine cabinets or linen closet. Organization is all about having a place for things to go.
2. Add color! Switch out your shower curtain from dark colors to something vibrant for spring. Add some new brightly colored bath towels to match the feel of the shower curtain. Want flowers in the bathroom? Try some artificial flowers. Check out stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and IKEA. They sell artificial flowers that actually look real.
3. Countertop Accessories! Countertop accessories come in a wide range of textures, shapes, and colors to get the perfect look for your Bathroom Makeover. Revamp your bathroom look by adding accessories that create a welcoming and relaxing feel to your bathroom.
4. Add accents! For your Bathroom Makeover choose accents to match the style and mood you are creating when you walk in. Want a contemporary bathroom? Add sleek, structured accents for that modern day feeling. Want a trendy look? Add colors that compliment one another.
5. Lighting! Choose the right lighting for your Bathroom Makeover to create the perfect atmosphere. No one likes a dark, shadowy bathroom. Focus on lights around the sides of the mirror or a light fixture directly above it.
With my Bathroom Makeover in 5 Easy Steps you can be on your way to creating the perfect, relaxing atmosphere in your powder room. Do you have plans to change up your bathroom soon? Let’s connect! Leave a comment or find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter @mommyweek, #mommyweek.