This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerTastes #CollectiveBias
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe + Blueberry Mint Iced Tea
During the summer I love to grill! If I could eat grilled food daily when the weather is warmer, I probably would. Since I can’t, I usually reserve grilling for the weekend and when we have people over. Next week my in-laws are headed to Atlanta, and I think it will be the perfect time to have an outdoor cookout. I like to create a wide variety of different cuisines using rich flavors and I like to keep the dishes fresh.
For our next family cookout, I plan to make this appetizing and savory Mediterranean Pasta salad made with Barilla Pasta as a side dish to go along with our grilled foods. Since it’s really hot right now, and iced tea is definitely a southern tradition, I’m serving Blueberry Mint Tea made with Gold Peak Tea alongside it.
My neighborhood has a new Walmart, and it’s turned into my one stop shop when I’m out running errands. I grab the Barilla Pasta Tri-Color Rotini in the blue box. It’s made with spinach and dried tomatoes so everyone gets a little extra veggies in their diet along with the fresh vegetables that I throw in my pasta salad.
I head down the aisle with tea and water and grab a 6 pack of Gold Peak Tea. Gold Peak Tea is my favorite because the flavor brings back memories of growing up with my grandma and she always made sweet iced tea in the summer. Gold Peak Tea has an authentic flavor and it really reminds me of my childhood.
This Mediterranean Pasta Salad is easy to make ahead and store until you’re ready to entertain your guests. Barilla Pasta cooks quickly in about 7 minutes, al dente every time. No one likes mushy pasta! It’s also Italy’s #1 brand of pasta so you know your family is getting an authentic dish.
- 1 Box of Barilla Tri-Color Rotini
- 1 Palm full of sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 sliced large red onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced Kalamata olives
- 5 large pepperoncini peppers sliced
- 1 bunch of basil chopped
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook Barilla Pasta according to box directions
- Drain and rinse with cold water to cool
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking balsamic, Dijon, olive oil, oregano, and salt and pepper together
- Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- Add the cooked pasta
- Toss with the vinaigrette
- Serve with feta cheese on top
I’m excited about my in-laws visit, and I can’t wait to share this savory Mediterranean Pasta Salad along with my Blueberry Mint Iced Tea during our cookout. To save on your next shopping trip to Walmart, grab this coupon for $1 off when you buy any two (2) 64 fl oz bottles of Gold Peak Tea on Coupons.com . Also when you buy 3 Barilla Blue Box Products and Barilla Pesto Sauce products you can earn $1 HERE. For more delicious recipes to serve at your summer cookouts visit sharerefreshingideas.com!