This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Simple Low Country Shrimp and Grits with Smoked Sausage
Recently my family took a Spring break trip to Charleston, SC. One meal that’s specific to Charleston that everyone loves is low country shrimp and grits! I really enjoy creating my own version of shrimp and grits at home with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage. Low country shrimp and grits is smooth, creamy and has a delicious smoked flavor. Smoked sausage is really what brings it all together to create a savory meal.
The great thing about low country shrimp and grits with smoked sausage is that it can really be served any time of day. I often make it as a quick dinner during the week, because it takes less than 3o minutes to pull together.
I head to my neighborhood Kroger to get everything I need. A grocery store run is also my time to myself away from the kids, so I take my time to browse the aisles. I find Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage towards the back of my local Kroger store located with breakfast sausages and lunch meat. Currently between 3/30 -4/19/16 you can pick up 2 Hillshire Farm sausages for only $5 while supplies last.
- One package of Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage sliced
- Oil for sauteing
- One large onion diced
- Two fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of grits
- 1 Scallion/green onion sprig sliced for garnish
- Cook grits according to packaged instructions
- Over medium heat, saute sliced Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- Next add diced onions and garlic, cook until translucent
- Add 1/4 cup of flour and stir
- Then add 1 cup of chicken stock and whisk until smooth
- Season with cajun spices, salt & pepper
- Lastly add shrimp and cook until pink
- Place grits in bowl first, layer a spoonful of shrimp & grits with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage over
- Garnish with scallions
My family requests low country shrimp and grits with smoked sausage all the time, and of course I oblige! What’s your favorite meal to make with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage?