Simple Solutions for Relieving Spring Allergies
FLONASE® compensated me in connection with statements made in this post.
Did you know that I’m allergic to cats but have two of them? Not like, only a little allergic, but I’m really allergic to cats! Growing up, my family had a pet cat named Friskey. When I was around 8 years old, we discovered my allergies. My grandmother decided to keep Friskey, but she lived in another part of our home until I left for college. Fast forward to present day, four years ago my husband and I decided to adopt two furbabies. Some people question why I would adopt two cute kittens knowing that they would just make me go into a sneezing attack, complete with itchy and watery eyes. Crazy, right?! Well I did a little bit of research and found out that I could live in harmony with cats and control my allergy symptoms at the same time.
I love both of our cats, Ace & Ebony. They are tuxedo cats who happen to be larger than some dogs, and they love our affection and attention. We’re so happy that they’re a part of our family and we love their personalities.
In addition to my cat allergy, every spring I suffer from seasonal allergies as well when the pollen count is high here in Georgia. I know it sounds bad, but there is relief and I’m happy that I’ve found several solutions to help me with my sneezing and itchy eyes.
1. We live in a home that’s fully carpeted. It’s not the best idea when suffering from allergies. One of the ways I keep allergens low is to vacuum daily using a cleaner that has a HEPA filter. I also deep clean our carpets by shampooing them several times a year.
2. Next I use air filters in our furnace that help reduce allergens as well as air purifiers in our rooms.
3. Lastly I use FLONASE® Allergy Relief. In the past, FLONASE® was only available with a script from your doctor. Now you can find it over the counter in pharmacies, groceries and club stores. One thing I really love about FLONASE® is that it’s non-drowsy! My life is busy and I don’t have time for unwanted sleepiness.
Consistency is key. The nasal spray provides relief from allergies but its most effective with regular, once-a-day use. Use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily the first week. Then you can use 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril as needed to treat symptoms for up to 6 months. After 6 months of daily use – ask your doctor if you can keep using. FLONASE® actually outperforms the #1 non-drowsy allergy pill*** and you don’t have to miss a beat while taking it.
*** Total nasal symptom relief vs. 10 mg single ingredient loratadine
The over-the-counter version is actually the same exact prescription strength that was once available by your doctor only. If you’ve suffered from allergies, then you know how miserable you can become due to stuffy nose and itchy, watery eyes. FLONASE® is actually the only OTC nasal spray indicated to relieve nasal congestion as well as itchy, watery eyes.
Since FLONASE® Allergy Relief blocks six allergic substances, instead of just one**, I can actually have relief from my cat allergies and seasonal allergies all at the same time. Unfortunately, the tendency to develop nasal allergies is often hereditary (source), so my children suffer from them as well. Because of this my entire family has been taking FLONASE® Allergy Relief and Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief for a few weeks. It’s given us the freedom to be able to go outside even when everything is covered in green. This spring I’m not worried about suffering from my allergy symptoms and I can actually spend more time with the kids outdoors and cuddle Ace & Ebony a little more too.
** Mechanism vs. most OTC allergy pills. Flonase® acts on multiple inflammatory substances (histamine, prostaglandins, cytokines, tryptases, chemokines, and leukotrienes). The exact number and precise mechanism are unknown.
To save on FLONASE® Allergy Relief this season, you can actually earn points when you purchase the product, create your member profile & interact on their website, and also when you share their content with your friends. Be greater than your allergies, while earning Greater Rewards! Sign up today and you’ll earn points instantly and also save up to $4 with a FLONASE® coupon.
To locate a retailer in your area where you can find FLONASE®, head HERE.
Do you suffer from allergies? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/26/2016 – 6/30/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by FLONASE® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare