One of my first posts I shared here on the blog 9 months ago was a Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Since then, I’ve re-made it, tweaked, and perfected it to my liking. It was good then, but it tastes better now!
Stuffed Peppers are a healthy dinner option, and you can use different colored bell peppers for different flavors. It takes a little bit of preparation, but the results are simply delicious. My kids actually like to eat them too and ask for seconds! I like to serve them with a side salad for even more healthy goodness.
Sometimes bell peppers can get pricey, so I buy them bagged from my local farmers market. That way I can get about 6-10 bell peppers for 1/4 of the price of what they would cost in the grocery store.
- 6-8 Bell Peppers, rinsed with tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked white rice
- 1lb Ground Turkey
- 2 fresh Garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 palmful of fresh minced parsley
- 5 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Arrange the empty Bell Peppers in a baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes, remove and set aside
- While the peppers are baking, saute the onions until translucent, set aside
- Cook the ground turkey until done (season with salt & pepper to your liking)
- On low heat, combine turkey, onions, and garlic
- Add can of tomato sauce and cup of chicken stock to the turkey mixture
- Stir well, then add the fresh parsley and basil
- Remove from heat
- Check for flavor, adjust with salt as necessary
- Combine mixture with the cooked rice
- Add the mixture evenly to each pepper
- Bake Stuffed Peppers for 20 minutes until bubbly
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese on top
You can slice your peppers lengthwise to serve them, so make them easier to eat.
I like to serve mine with grated Parmesan on top & a little bit of Parsley.
Turkey & Rice Stuffed Peppers are good for dinner any time of the week. They can be done from start to finish in under an hour. Are you going to try my Stuffed Peppers Recipe? I’d love to see your dinner pictures! Tag me on Twitter & Instagram @mommyweek.