We love Challah bread! This Challah French Toast with Berries Recipe is one of my favorites! I buy Challah bread from my local Farmer’s Market, where it’s baked fresh daily, but you can probably find it in your local grocer’s bakery section as well. It’s a large braided loaf of bread that’s slightly sweetened. Sometimes I buy raisin Challah bread as well. I have to make this recipe usually the same day I buy the loaf. If not, everyone eats it!
It’s pretty simple to make, and even the kids can help prepare this dish. If you have a griddle, you can cook all the slices at one time and breakfast or brunch will be ready within minutes!
Challah French Toast with Berries Recipe
- 1 loaf of Challah Bread
- 1 1/2 cups of half & half
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 pint of strawberries rinsed & sliced
- 1 pint of blueberries
- Maple Syrup or Honey for serving
- Slice the Challah loaf into 1 1/2 inch slices each
- In a large bowl, combine half & half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, & nutmeg
- Whisk together mixture until well combined
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Cook each slice of soaked bread until brown
- Serve with berries on top and drizzled maple syrup or honey
This Challah French Toast with Berries Recipe is great for a special weekend breakfast, or even brunch. Do you like Challah bread? Are you going to try my recipe? I’d love to see your pics! Tag me on Instagram & Twitter @mommyweek!