This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and All You Magazine, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #lifeforless http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV.
Since it’s just a couple blocks from my house, I swing past my neighborhood Kroger a couple times a week. Last week I picked up the latest issue of All You Magazine. “All You” is filled with coupons, recipes, and DIY craft ideas. Those are all the things I love! After reading, I was inspired to share this yummy Chicken Tacos Recipe plus 5 money saving grocery store tips!
Because I’m a frugal mom, and all about saving money when shopping, after my tips and recipe I’m sharing a chance for your to win a $50 Gift Card to Kroger!
5 Money Saving Grocery Store Tips
- Buy Store Brand – Did you know store brands are usually the same as name brand products, just have different packaging? Buying store brands can save your family 15-30% every time you shop for food.
- Buy whole chicken – Buying a whole chicken, then separating and freezing the parts you need will save you more money during the year than buying boneless, skinless parts. It may take a little more time to de-bone a chicken breast, but it will save your family around $613 per year!
- Buy fish frozen instead of fresh – Buying fish at the seafood counter costs 40% more than buying it frozen. If your family eats fish once a week, check out the fish in the freezer case! You can save about $125 yearly!
- Use Coupons – Find and print or clip coupons on the items your family regularly consume during the week. It can take your savings even further in the grocery store, putting more money back in your pocket.
- Save on Cheese – We all love cheese, but it can get expensive! Check out labels and compare prices on the types of cheese your family eats. If your family loves cheddar like we do, you can save by buying it shredded. Shredded cheddar is cheaper per ounce than buying in the block or sliced.
Chicken Tacos Recipe
You can make these delicious Chicken Tacos for your family for under $10!
- 4 cups of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- Corn tortillas
- Your favorite salsa or hot sauce for serving
- Individually heat your corn tortillas in a skillet over low heat until softened
- Assemble your tacos with shredded chicken first on the tortilla
- Next add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado
- Serve with your favorite salsa or hot sauce
Chicken Tacos are easy to make in under 30 minutes.
This is a healthy, inexpensive meal your whole family will enjoy.
If you enjoy trying out new recipes, saving money, and DIY like I do, you can pick up a copy of All You Magazine nationwide while supplies last at Target, Safeway, Kroger, Dollar General, and Meijer! Save $1 off with this coupon: http://goo.gl/lRldVJ!
Want to save some money at the grocery store this Spring and try out my Chicken Tacos Recipe? Here is the chance to win a $50 Gift Card to Kroger! Enter to win below!