Earth Day is rapidly approaching, and celebrated annually on April 22nd. My family absolutely loves nature and the outdoors so I wanted to share 25 Kid Friendly Earth Day Activities. We like to try to do something Earth conscious everyday, from eating organic to walking instead of taking the car. Earth Day was started in 1970 to raise environmental awareness and concern for public health. Hopefully this list of activities can inspire you and your family to have fun and be Green this Earth Day!
25 Kid Friendly Earth Day Activities
1. Make a pine cone bird feeder using pine cones, peanut butter, & bird seed.
2. Go on a Nature Scavenger Hunt
3. Start a Garden
4. Clean up a local park
5. Plant a tree
6. Make nature prints with leaves, or flowers, paint and paper
7. Clean up as a family Organically
8. Create a Compost Bin
9. Check out Earth Day books from the library
10. Go for a family bike ride
11. Make a rain water barrel
12. Go for a nature walk/hike
13. Teach kids to conserve water indoors using less for showers and brushing teeth
14. Start recycling bins
15. Buy locally grown produce to support local farmers
16. Get outside and play
17. Plant a Butterfly Garden
18. Learn about beneficial insects like lady bugs & bees
19. Make a craft out of recycled goods
20. Make a hummingbird feeder with a water bottle, straw, and string
21. Make a soda bottle terrarium with soil and any kind of seeds
22. Visit a Botanical Garden
23. Camp out in the backyard
24. Encourage your children to start a Nature Journal
25. Unplug. Put away cellphones, turn off the tv, no video games, tablets, etc and enjoy your family!
Does your family have any plans for Earth Day? What are some ways you try to be more environmentally conscious?