Stay At Home Moms That Rock
All too often in our society stay at home mom’s get a bad rep for choosing to leave office jobs, and lucrative careers to raise their children and become a homemaker. There are a lot of negative things said about stay at home moms. Some people think stay at home moms sit on the couch all day and watch television. Other’s think being a stay at home mom is an easy job. Today I wanted to introduce my readers to some women I know personally who are stay at home moms, and they are winning! I admire all of these ladies in one way or another, and they are doing great things all the while working from their houses. They go the extra mile in everything they do, and it shows!
- Meet Christine Hey, I’m Christine St.Vil, momma to 3 and wife to 1. Wow…what makes me a mom that rocks? Becoming a SAHM was one of the scariest things I’ve done but has been one of the most rewarding things. But I think I’m pretty kickass because it forced me to become who I truly believe I’m supposed to be. It allowed me to dream again and to set the example for my kids about pursuing their own dreams. I established Moms ‘N Charge™ in order to help moms feel good without feeling guilty – to help them realize that they don’t have to choose between being a great mom and following their dreams and goals. I want moms to take charge of their own lives and stop feeling guilty for putting themselves at the top of their list of priorities. Find Christine on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram as well as WhoseShoesBook.
- Meet Mimi Mimi, a self professed fab mom frequently rants and raves about her life’s happenings on her Mommy/Lifestyle blog Lipgloss and Binky. As a professional blogger she’s sharing everything from fashion to recipes to parenting woes. She’s been a brand ambassador for Kohl’s and is currently a brand Ambassador for Sprint. She uses her blog as a way to help women understand that it is possible to not lose yourself in the process of being everything to everybody. Her belief is Moms have to save something for themselves or everyone suffers. Community service, reading, traveling and thrifting are at the top of her hobby list. Mimi enjoys a good time with family and friends. She also finds joy in meeting and networking with new people. She resides in a burb of Atlanta with her family. Find Mimi on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest.
- Meet Lesli My name is Lesli Peterson. I blog at 365 Atlanta Family, which offers daily inspiration to local families, with regular doses of Vitamin Sunshine. I am also a freelance family travel writer for several publications including Trekaroo, Homeschool.com/Travel, A Luxury Travel Blog, Explore Georgia, and more. I am a homeschooling mom to two young boys and bonus mom to two teenagers. We spend our time life-learning together one adventure at a time, and sharing our experiences along the way. Find Lesli on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, & Google+.
- Meet Mandi Mandi is a chef and co-owner of Chewsy Lovers, a lifestyle brand for foodies and Potstickers, a cooking subscription box service for kids. She founded Chewsy Lovers with her husband who she met in culinary school. She loves pearls, a bad shoe, and anything “girly-frilly-frou-frou-licious”! Why I Rock: I’m finally living my dream. No amount of school, or training could’ve prepared me for the job I am most fulfilled in and that’s being a mother. I rock because I get to do that every single day on my own terms. I’m home when they get here to help with homework, and I don’t have to give anyone a “reason” why I need to leave work to attend a school play. I take risks daily to help build the life I envision for my family and I’m blessed to be able to show my kids that their dream may not look like someone else’s and that’s okay. It’s not easy by any means. I don’t get to call in sick, or not show up if I don’t feel like it, but it’s worth it and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Find Mandi on Facebook, & Twitter.
- Meet Chene Hey there! I’m Chene, Southern mom lifestyle blogger at Prototype Mama and founder of Southern Girl Blog Community. Prototype Mama is my blueprint to living a creative, healthy, fun filled life as a mama. I’m married to my best friend, Kendrick, who is a Sports Performance Trainer/Accountant and I’m a mama to 4 crazy creative kiddos. For many years I worked in Life Insurance as a trainer but in the last 4 years I’ve transitioned into the wonderful world of being a stay at mom that home schools. Majority of my days consist of multiplications facts, 20 minute workouts during individual reading time and quick DIY projects before basketball practices. Juggling married life, home life and my crew is a everyday challenge but is a challenge that I wouldn’t change for the world. Find Chene on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.
- Meet MJ Hi I’m MJ. I still consider myself a new mom but I will be two year in come November. I love being a stay at home mom because it allows to raise my daughter who truly is a miracle from God, in a way I know I couldn’t had I continued to work in corporate America. Staying at home with the support of my husband also allows me to go after my dreams which is something I could not do while working. I rock because I made the very tough decision to leave a lucrative yet thankless job. I constantly share my story with moms who are undecided yet unhappy with their jobs. It’s not easy but the rewards are priceless. Find MJ on Facebook & Twitter.
- Meet Adanna Hi, my name is Adanna and I am a creative Mompreneur. I am passionate about many things, my family being most important. My children are 1 and 4 years old, their well-being and happiness are my priority. I want to teach them to be fearless and what better way than by example. They are the inspiration behind my blog, Rattles and Heels. Daily, they witness me juggling content creation, jewelry designing and building my consulting business. It’s not uncommon for my daughter to do homework while I work next to her, actually since she was a baby she was at my side as I completed my graduate degree. Now she and her brother get to accompany me as I meet with brands and clients. I love having the flexibility to be there for them while I build my business. Find Adanna on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, & YouTube.
- Meet Joyce I’m Joyce Brewer and I stay at home with our four year old son. My husband and I met while working in local TV news in very high pressure, stressful jobs. When our son was born in 2010, it was clear that I needed to stay home because he had extensive food allergies and I breastfed him for almost two years. With my Master’s Degree in Journalism, freelance writing and social media management opportunities have been an easy fit for me. I can do most of my work while our son is asleep or at preschool in the morning. Staying at home and now working from home has allowed us a lot of flexibility to travel, including my upcoming presentation at the Niche Parent Conference at Walt Disney World on getting media attention for your blog or brand. Find Joyce on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, & Google+.
- Meet Kathy My name is Kathy Balman. I have been a stay at home/homeschool mom since the Fall of 2011. Before that I worked outside the home and my mom took care of my 2 children for us. It was quite a transition becoming a stay at home mom, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I often say it is the hardest job I’ve ever had. I get very few days off, work for free, work 24/7 and often feel unappreciated. But over the last few years I have relized that as long as my children are happy and we are making memories together as a family that is all that matters in this world. I began my blog as a way to document our homeschool journey, but it has become much more than that. I blog about travel, unschooling, Georgia, geocaching, parenting, arts/crafts, books, products and more. Find Kathy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Google+.
- Meet Yolanda Greetings! I am Yolanda of Seeing It Their Way a Lifestyle Blog that highlights all things fun, new, thought provoking and exciting in our lives. This includes everything from local attractions, family travel, healthy living and product reviews all shared through our unique perspective. I left my position as an Assistant Director of Financial Aid to be more available to my sons who are 4 & 5 years old. During the hubby and I courtship we discussed having a family and decided than that we would base our lifestyles on one income. So when the time came for us to start our family if we decided that I would stay home it would not be a financial burden on us. Thank goodness for forethought! Today I am proud to say that I am a Stay At Home Mother to two adorable, well-adjusted, smart and respectful young men! Find Yolanda on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest.
These ladies are amazing! Be sure to check out these 10 Stay At Home Moms That Rock!